My Dad tried to warn me if I put up the U penant in our window we may have some bad luck. He said Grandpa would not be happy with us hanging anything Univ. of Utah in his house. I thought it was funny and laughed every time he teased me about it. However, I kept it up and was very proud to be flying the U colors especially after the BIG win last weekend.
But then my dad's words came back to haunt us. Last Saturday as Wade and his buddies were enjoying the U's win over the Cougars and rushing the field, Wade tore his rotator cuff. He was jumping down onto the field from the stands and held onto the railing too long and bam hurt his shoulder. Poor Wade! He will be getting an MRI on Tuesday to see how bad of a tear it is and if it will require surgery or physical therapy. We are praying for no surgery.
I feel so bad for Wade. His shoulder is bad anyway from his baseball throwing days. He is really bummed out and feels so stupid for how he did it. I will never forget his face when I walked into the hospital room, he looked so sad and embarassed. It's ok Wade, you were just trying to be a good fan! Thank you Chris and the other guys who took such good care of him until I could get up there. You guys are great!
Need less to say I took the penant out of the window, not because we're not proud to be Ute fans, but because we can't afford any more bad luck. I hope you're happy dad :)
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago
6 comments:
OH Wade, I am so sorry! I hope no surgery is involved! If y'all need anything, let me know!
Poor thing! I am glad Steve had nothing to do with this accident!
Well taking down the sign is a start :) Hope he is feeling better. Love ya!
That is funny! Wade is sacrificing for his team! He is a true fan! I am proud of him.
Wade and Chris have to be 2 of the biggest Ute fans I know! Poor Wade, I bet this won't stop him from storming the field again the next time the the Utes kick some more Cougar tail! Hehehe...
We are all happy the "U" flag is down- I think especially Gpa & my Dad :) We love you guys & feel bad for poor Wade dude- get feeling better soon....
loves
Post a Comment