Let me start off by saying I love BYU. I always have. I know the Cougar fight song by heart, I use to pretend I was marrying Kyle Marrell or Glen Kowzlowski or Robbie Bosco, I had a life size poster of Ty Detmer in my room, I remember being at a big party at BYU in 1984 when they won the National Championship (we got blue & white taffy with little Y's in them). I was born and raised as a BYU cougar.
But... I married a University of Utah graduate, that's right a UTE fan. Since marrying Wade I have cheered for BYU and UTAH, you know to be a good wife and support my Wade, and stay true to my BYU heritage. Each year for the "big game" me and my kiddos will wear blue and red. However, secretly I always want BYU to beat UTAH.
This year is different, this year Wade told me I had to choose one team to cheer for, no more sitting on the fence, one side or the other. Guess what? I chose this year to wear red (with a BYU shirt on underneath) and cheer for UTAH. I am so sorry Dad.
I hope it's a good game and I hope my family will forgive me :) Having said all that....
GO UTES!!
14 comments:
Trader! I actually don't care about either!
I'm not sure how I feel about this! Rise and Shout...you know the rest! I'll be staying true and cheering BLUE! :)
BLUE! :) Lara, I am in the same situation... my hubbie is a Ute fan and I am a Coug fan. I love your blog and it is so fun to keep up with you this way. Tell Wade & the kids hello. GO COUGS!!!
Maybe you could trade off each year. You know, give the Utes this year, give the Cougs next year and so on. I do think, however, that in time you will see that you much prefer to cheer for BYU.
It's just better that way! :)
WHAT THE H HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU???!! Okay, I can forgive you because honestly we are a little fairweather fans - haha. I looove the jewelry & have been meaning to call you- sorry a little crazy around here.
luvs
Yeah, I asked Matthew what color he was going to wear and he said, "Green!" So, I have a fence sitter husband! I have been a U fan for most my life, but really don't care too much! But, I always like it when the U wins!
I'm so proud of you! What a hard decision you had to make. I know it took a lot of thought and probably prayer too, but you have come to the right side.
Gooooo..... UTES!
I'm so glad my dad is not here to see this day! It is a dark and gloomy day! ( you know I don't care, I'm an ASU fan Ha Ha!) Seriously, Uncle Dick would have not liked to see this :)
So, it must be all your fault the Cougars lost. TRADER!!!
HA HA HA!!! You chose the right team!!!! It's all because of you! THANK YOU!!!
Oh, Lara, maybe if you had chosen BYU they would have won! And the Browns and the Berretts would be happier today. But I'm happy the Bells are smiling :) BTW, my favorite BYU player of all time is Ty Detmer.
PS We hope your house doesn't burn to the ground with that Ute Flag hanging in the window :) Mom is not happy about the whole sitch!!!
I still love ya lots LALA
I am so happy that you have finally come to the right side. Go UTES. p.s. I hope my friend Wade is alright.
You totally chose the RIGHT team! Way to go UTAH!!!
Post a Comment