Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Baseball is back!

GO BRAVES!

I knew when I married Wade that baseball would always be a part of our lives. Notice that our son and son to be are both named after baseball players and their room is done in Braves red & blue. On opening day each year we have chili dogs and watch the first game of the season. It is a fun tradition that Wade and I both look forward to.

Wade couldn't be happier that his beloved Braves have started playing again. Wade is passing his love of baseball and the Braves on to Brooks and they are so cute to sit and watch the games together. Even Kelsi and I enjoy watching the Braves play (every once in a while).




Every time a game is on Brooks grabs his mitt, ball and bat, he is learning early. His favorite player is Chipper Jones and he yells at Chip throughout the game.

We bought Brooks a baseball helmet to wear and he won't take it off. He wears it backwards and cries when he can't wear it to bed.

Fortunately baseball is my favorite sport to watch, Wade says because I think the players are hot - whatever! I do try and enjoy this season with Wade, especially now that I will have 3 boys watching it and Kelsi and I will be outnumbered.

5 comments:

Jill said...

So cute! Sorry but we love the Diamondbacks, but I know what you mean. We love baseball too. Love Ya, JIll

Alyssa Mangum said...

Not much for baseball. If it was something that paul was interested in then i would try to like it. We watch the outdoors channel mostly. I think that paul thinks if i watch it enough then i will go camping with him eventually. well he can keep praying! hope you guys are doing well.

Rachael said...

Ah Lara-you know its because the baseball players are HOT! Steve dropped the Braves and likes the Diamondbacks. I like watching it especially if Steve has TiVo-ed so he can fast forward through all the dead stuff. I think the game turns out to be an hour! That's my kind of sport!
I can't believe you have 5 days left!!! Did I tell you I Love the name you have chosen! Love it!

Jod Jas Curtis said...

WE LOVE BASEBALL!! Okay, what a cute lil' sports fan Brooks Boy! Love the "special" helmet. We all know he is Not one can short of a 6-pack :) We love the Yankees & D-Backs, but will cheer for the Braves now & again. I'm so glad I have a One armed Gymnast who loves me. She is truly the BeSt :)
Loves
Jodi

Adri said...

My husband loves the Braves too. It's a good thing he doesn't read the blogs he would be really upset to find out other wives take an interest in sports. :)