Wednesday, April 23, 2008

He's Here!


GRADY BERRETT BELL
April 15, 2008
8 lbs. 2 oz. 21 in. long

In the NICU in his oxygen bubble


One day old
(finally getting to hold my baby, he has an IV in his head, which broke my heart to see)

Our little sweetheart is finally here and doing great, but it didn't start out that way. Poor Grady had to spend our 96 hours in the hospital in the NICU at St. Marks. He had what is called a pneumothorax (sp?) in his right lung. Which caused air in his lungs to escape through a hole and into his chest cavity instead of back through the lungs. Making it hard for him to breath. It was a very scary and emotional time, and everything happened so fast. We were not able to hold him until he was a day old because he had to be in an oxygen bubble and was hooked up to a couple different IV's. It was so hard to see my little boy like that.
He is now completely healed and healthy and has even gained 8 oz. since the day he was born. I know it is because of the Priesthood blessing that his Dad & Grandpa gave him the day he was born and the great doctors and nurses who took such good care of him. Other than that little scare, everything went well. The c-section was smooth and I am healing quite quickly.
We are so grateful to have Grady home with us and are enjoying him so much. I feel like I don't get anything done, because all I want to do is hold him. He is a sweet boy and his family loves him so much!

Grady with his Daddy getting ready to go home


His brother and sister love him so much



11 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you. I know how you feel about the IV in the head thing, it is a helpless feeling! I'm so glad everything is going so well! love Ya tons! JIll

Beck Family said...

He is such a cutie! i can't believe he had to go through all that! I am so glad he is okay and was able to go home! -Sandy

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Yea!!! Grady is here!!! He is beautiful & looks like a muscley little fella :) Congrats Lala & Wade & FAMILY. You sure make cute kids. I hope you are getting the rest you need & heal quick. WE lOVE YOU guys,
Jodi

Kari said...

I can't wait to be able to hold him!! What a handsome fella!!

The Riches Family said...

You take it easy, Lar! Don't try to do too much! Enjoy being able to just sit and hold Grady, there's nothing like holding and snuggling a newborn baby! Congrats!

Rachael said...

That last picture totally looks like Wade! Of course he week home from the hospital in some type of sports outfit! Too funny!

Shawna B. said...

So darn CUTE!!! Give that little man child a big squeeze from his Auntie Shawna!

Kristin and Bridger said...

He is SO cute Lara!! Good work!! I just love your little family, we're really happy for you guys! I can't wait to hold him again!!

Haguewood Family said...

Oh my gosh! He is so precious. Congrats. I know the feeling in the NICU. It is so hard to see. I am glad he is doing well now.

Adri said...

congrats on the new baby. He is so cute. Sorry to hear it was a little scary there for a bit. That is always so hard. I'm glad to hear he is doing great now.

Rachel Evans said...

Oh, he is soo cute! It is so hard to see your little baby in the NICU! Our first boy Boston was in there for 4 days! It kills you to see them with all of the machines hooked up to them. I am so glad that you are both doing well! When you get feeling better we should do a play date again. I need to get to know the ward better. I just got a job a few weeks ago, so it has been a bit crazy, but I love it! Post more pics when you get a chance!